F1® 2013 Timing App
by Soft Pauer
The only official mobile Live Timing and Track Positioning app streams real-time data for every session of the Grand Prix weekend direct to your iOS, Android, BlackBerry or Kindle device
- Real-time track positions
- A dynamic and fully-interactive 3D map generated in real time allows you to see the position of every driver on track simultaneously. You can pan, zoom and spin the map to focus on a specific driver, or pull back to view the entire field. You can combine the on-screen map with the live leaderboard, or you can rotate your device and watch the full horizontal 3D map of the entire circuit.
- Live Timing
- Timing data is streamed direct for every session from Formula One Management’s technical facility at the track, including the Page One Timing Screen; the most comprehensive screen available and the one the engineers rely on the most on the pit wall. Everything is at your fingertips - positions, lap times, gaps, Intervals, sectors times, circuit data, speeds, perfect lap and race status.
- Tyre data feed and history
- Find out which tyre type and compound any driver is on at any given time, visually represented via the live leaderboard timing screens. Using the full-screen map view you can see the current tyre and two previous tyre choices for each driver. Understanding tyre selection is key to understanding how a race might unfold and is therefore a vital part of any Grand Prix.
- Race Control Messages
- Race Control Messages are sent live to the App as they are issued, keeping you up to date on flags, warnings, investigations and track status as they happen. There is no better way to understand what’s happening at the track as a race takes place.
- Live leaderboard
- The scrollable live leaderboard combines live timing data with team and driver information graphics, providing a wealth of instant information. Select your favourite driver and watch his progress on the 3D map below, toggle data using column headers and flick the leaderboard up and down to see the entire field. Swipe the leaderboard left and right to reveal additional leaderboard layouts.
- DRS Zones
- During the race the DRS (drag reduction system) activation zones are displayed on the track maps. A marker shows the DRS detection point.
- Twitter Integration
- Complete Twitter integration; set up an F1 list or use the default list in the App to see tweets without having to leave the App. A great way to monitor Twitter while you follow the action in the App.
- Live Pause & Replay
- You can pause and replay live sessions during the Grand Prix weekend so you never miss any of the action. And if you missed a session you can also download racepacks after the event to watch again and again - ideal for any tape-delayed TV broadcast.
- Select your Favourite Driver
- Keep track of your favourite driver by selecting him from the live leaderboard - combining live timing data from the circuit with team and driver information graphics - and watching his progress on the 3D map below. Scroll the leaderboard and toggle data using the column headers for even more information.
- Additional features
- The app’s new, enhanced ‘Infobase’ features an event countdown that shows you the time remaining to the next session and informs you when a session is live. You can also easily access the latest results and standings, plus a wealth of information on races, team and driver stats and more.
The F1® 2013 Timing App is operated under licence by Soft Pauer Ltd. Contact details »