Testing roundup - final 2003 season sessions 06 Oct 2003
Last week saw the last testing sessions of the 2003 Formula One season. A total of six teams were in action, with no less than 15 drivers taking to the track.
The only major incident of the week was at Mugello, where Takuma Sato crashed on Tuesday. The Japanese driver banged his lower-left leg but was well enough to return to the cockpit on Wednesday.
Australian driver Ryan Briscoe was back behind the wheel for Toyota, as part of the teams Driver Academy programme, while Antonio Pizzonia made his testing return for former employer Williams. And F3000 champion Bjorn Wirdheim finally got his promised test with BAR.
After a six-week break from testing following the Japanese Grand Prix, the teams will return to the track at the end of November.
See also: Tuesday's testing report.
See also: Wednesday's testing report.
See also: Thursday's testing report.
See also: Friday's testing report.
See also: Wirdheim gets to sample BAR at Mugello
Unofficial best times from Mugello:
1. Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, 1:22.001
2. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:22.273
3. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 1:22.468
4. Takuma Sato, BAR, 1:23.558
5. Anthony Davidson, BAR, 1:24.031
6. Jos Verstappen, Minardi, 1:24.700
7. Bjorn Wirdheim, BAR, 1:26.728
Unofficial best times from Jerez*:
1. Antonio Pizzonia, Williams, 1:17.853
2. Marc Gene, Williams, 1:18.255
3. Ricardo Zonta, Toyota, 1:19.300
4. Ralf Schumacher, Williams, 1:20.246
5. Ryan Briscoe, Toyota, 1:21.306
*Weather conditions varied widely at Jerez.
Unofficial best times from Silverstone:
1. Alexander Wurz, McLaren, 1:21.265
2. Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, 1:21.929
3. Darren Turner, McLaren, 1:24.336