Raikkonen leads, Nissany debuts at Silverstone 15 Jul 2004
McLarens Kimi Raikkonen led the way at Silverstone on Wednesday in a session that saw Israeli driver Chanoch Nissany make his Formula One testing debut with the Jordan team.
During the rain-disrupted session, Raikkonen managed 57 laps of the British Grand Prix circuit, with a best time of 1m 18.105s in the MP4-19B. Team mate David Coulthard was second, after 52 laps, around eight tenths of a second down on the Finn.
Nissany, official F3000 test driver for the Coloni Motorsport team, became the first Israeli to officially test in Formula One. However, the Budapest-based 41-year old managed just 25 laps before an engine problem brought his running to a premature end.
He set the days final time behind Jordan race drivers Giorgio Pantano and Nick Heidfeld, who clocked up around 85 laps between them.
Testing continues at Silverstone on Thursday.
Unofficial Wednesday times from Silverstone:
1. Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (Michelin), 1:18.105
2. David Coulthard, McLaren (Michelin), 1:18.895
3. Giorgio Pantano, Jordan (Bridgestone), 1:22.075
4. Nick Heidfeld, Jordan (Bridgestone), 1:27.648
5. Chanoch Nissany, Jordan (Bridgestone), 1:36.606