Kiesa lands Hockenheim Jordan drive 21 Jul 2005
Denmark's Nicolas Kiesa will be Jordans third driver at this weekends German Grand Prix, filling the role left vacant by Robert Doornboss departure for Minardi earlier in the week.
Kiesa is no stranger to Formula One racing. He competed in five Grands Prix for Minardi back in 2003, and has carried out occasional tests for the team since then, as well as taking part in some of their two-seater promotional events.
"I am very excited about the opportunity to drive for Jordan Grand Prix, he said of his return to the paddock. I want to do a good job for the team and help them with their preparation and data gathering. I am really looking forward to this experience and I cannot wait to drive the car on Friday in Hockenheim."
Kiesas Hockenheim drive is set to be a one-off at the moment, but Jordan boss Colin Kolles suggested that could change. "I'm pleased to give Nicolas Kiesa this well-deserved opportunity, he said. He has proven himself to be a talented and consistent driver in the junior categories, as well as at the F1 level. We're looking forward to working with him this weekend, when we will also discuss our longer-term position.
Kolles also paid tribute to Kiesas predecessor and his contribution to the team, adding: "I would like to thank Robert Doornbos for the work he has done for Jordan as our Friday test driver and wish him well in his career."
Kiesa, a Formula 3000 veteran and former British Formula Three champion, will have his work cut out at Hockenheim. Jordan are expected to use his Friday track time to continue honing their revised EJ15B. The new car has experienced a number of teething problems and a race debut date has yet to be confirmed.