Free visa for Bahrain race goers 10 Feb 2006
Organisers of the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix have announced that overseas visitors attending the race will be eligible for a special free visa to enter the country.
Race goers for the March 12 event will be able to obtain their F1 visa if they have with them a valid ticket to the race, a proof of purchase or official association with the FIA Formula One World Championship. Full conditions are included in the organisers statement below.
See formula1.coms Tickets & Travel service for a full destination guide to Bahrain as well as race tickets and travel packages to the Grand Prix.
Statement from the Bahrain International Circuit:
The F1 visa scheme begins on February 26 and runs until March 12 and is open to visitors from the G34 group countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom United States of America, Vatican City. In addition visitors from Brazil, Chile, Cyprus, Hungary, Lebanon, Panama, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan and Venezuela and GCC alien residents can also obtain an F1 visa on arrival.
All nationalities not listed above can also obtain an F1 visa if they have a sponsor - a Bahraini commercial entity or a Bahraini individual - to their application. Sponsored F1 visas can be prearranged by the sponsor and obtained at GDNPR Headquarters in Manama.
Upon arrival, GDNPR has set up several fast-track lanes at the airport solely dedicated for passports & immigration procedures related to F1. All F1 Media and visitors to the Grand Prix will be required to fill out Arrival/Departure Cards. These cards will be distributed to the airlines and are available at the information desk before the immigration counters.
A special entry stamp will be imprinted by the Immigration Officer in the passport and in the arrival/departure card. The hard copy of the card will be attached to the passport which will be removed upon departure. Passengers must retain their stamped departure card in their Passport to speed up their departure.
Conditions for all applicants for F1 visas are:
* Passengers must produce a valid F1 ticket or proof of purchase for the 2006 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix or identification showing the passenger is officially associated with the event in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* Passport must be valid for length of stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* Passenger must have a valid confirmed onward travel ticket to leave the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* The visa holder must not violate the security and national welfare of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* The visa holder must not take up paid employment when in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* The applicant must be outside the Kingdom of Bahrain, and must apply via sponsor or internet unless eligible for visa on arrival.
* All visa holders must be able to support themselves and any dependents while in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
* The F1 visa is not available for applicants with endorsees and cannot be extended.