Monza day four - a clean sweep for McLaren 31 Aug 2007
Pedro de la Rosa ensured McLaren remained top of the timesheets for the fourth consecutive day at Monza on Friday. However, less than a hundredth of a second separated the Spaniard from Ferraris Felipe Massa, suggesting next weekends Italian Grand Prix will provide another close battle.
With the Monza session extended following Thursdays poor weather, nine of the 11 teams chose to stay on, although following overnight rain it wasnt until around lunchtime that the circuit finally dried, allowing for several hours running.
The teams will be back at the track next Thursday, ahead of Fridays first practice for round 13 of the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship.
Unofficial Friday times from Monza:
1. Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, 1:23.285
2. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:23.289
3. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:23.575
4. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 1:23.962
5. Jenson Button, Honda, 1:24.537
6. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Toro Rosso, 1:24.760
7. Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, 1:24.171
8. Anthony Davidson, Super Aguri, 1:24.919
9. David Coulthard, Red Bull, 1:25.185