F1 Party charity auction offers once in a lifetime lots 13 Jun 2008
Fancy being driven around Silverstone at 200mph in a two-seater Grand Prix car? Or would you prefer to own a diamond-encrusted McLaren steering wheel used by world champion Kimi Raikkonen?
Alternatively, live like a billionaire for a week; meet legend Barry Manilow in Las Vegas; or relish a money-cant-buy experience at the home of reigning world champions Ferrari.
These are just some of the once in a lifetime auction lots available online and at the official F1 Party, part of the build-up to next months British Grand Prix, in aid of Londons Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrens Charity. It is the first time the exclusive auction has been open to the public.
The F1 Party, which will take place at Londons legendary Bloomsbury Ballroom on Wednesday, July 2, is hosted by the Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrens Charity - the official charity of the Silverstone race - and Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive Officer of the Formula One Group. Santander, title sponsor of the British Grand Prix, is generously supporting the event for a second year running.
Musical man of the moment Pharrell Williams with band N*E*R*D will be putting on a private performance at the Party to entertain Formula Ones finest, including his McLaren friend Lewis Hamilton. Guests at this glamorous evening will also enjoy a set from Basement Jaxx.
To take part and help the charity build a new Heart and Lung centre, you can visit the website at www.gosh-f1-party.com
The exclusive auction lots in full:
- a 200mph adrenaline-fuelled lap in the Santander two-seater Grand Prix car, driven by The Stig from BBC televisions Top Gear on race day of the British Grand Prix, including two paddock passes and VIP hospitality.
- a Team McLaren Mercedes steering wheel encrusted with Steinmetz diamonds, as used by current world champion Kimi Raikkonen in the 2006 Monaco Grand Prix.
- a full Ferrari immersion experience including a drive in an F430 car at Italys Fiorano race track in Maranello and a behind-the-scenes factory tour.
- fly into Vegas to meet the legendary Barry Manilow. The ultimate Vegas experience, includes return business class flights, four nights in a stunning suite at the five-star Wynn Hotel with VIP Champagne service at their La Rêve show and Friday night tickets to see Barry Manilows dazzling show and a chance to meet the man himself.
- live like a billionaire for week with first class flights to India on an all-expenses-paid trip, including seven luxurious nights at the Kingfisher Villa in Goa. Attend the finals of the 2009 Indian Premier League as VIP guests, take home an autographed bat signed by all the players of the Royal Challengers cricket team and meet two Bollywood stars.