Provisional grid & pre-race weights - updated 04 Oct 2009
Below is Sunday morning's provisional grid for the Japanese Grand Prix with each car's weight. Note - Brawn GPs Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, Force Indias Adrian Sutil, Renaults Fernando Alonso were all handed five-place grid penalties for failing to slow adequately under yellow flags. Toro Rossos Sebastien Buemi received an identical penalty for impeding other cars and causing a potential hazard to other drivers.
Force India's Vitantonio Liuzzi and McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen both have five-place penalties for gearbox changes. Red Bulls Mark Webber will start from the pit lane after swapping to new chassis and hence have no fuel restrictions. Toyota's Timo Glock will not start following his heavy crash in qualifying.
The various penalties were applied in the order in which the corresponding offences were committed.
1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 658.5kg
2. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 655.5
3. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 656
4. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 660
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 661
6. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 660.5
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 684.5
8. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 650
9. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 686
10. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 658.5
11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 675
12. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 682.5
13. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 665.4
14. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 661.5
15. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 695.7
16. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 689.5
17. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 691.8
18. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 682.5
19. Mark Webber, Red Bull, n/a