Pre-race weights & provisional grid - Heidfeld to start from pit lane 27 Sep 2009
For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel loads. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session.
Below is the provisional grid for the Singapore Grand Prix with each car's weight. Note - Brawn GPs Rubens Barrichello has dropped five places after he was penalized for changing his cars gearbox.
BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld will start from the pit lane after his car was found to be underweight following qualifying, due to the wrong ballast weights being fitted. The team subsequently decided to replace the German's engine and gearbox for the race. He had originally qualified eighth.
1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 660.5kg
2. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 651
3. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657.5
4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 654.5
5. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 658
6. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660.5
7. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 664
8. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 664.5
9. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 655.5
10. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.7
11. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 683
12. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 680.5
13. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 678
14. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 690.9
15. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 693
16. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 683.5
17. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 678.5
18. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 683
19. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 656
20. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 650