Home - The Official Formula 1 Website Skip to content

Ferrari take wraps off 2010 car 28 Jan 2010

The new Ferrari F10, January 28, 2010 The new Ferrari F10, January 28, 2010 The new Ferrari F10, January 28, 2010 The new Ferrari F10, January 28, 2010 The new Ferrari F10, January 28, 2010

Ferrari have become the first team to officially launch their 2010 car after unveiling the F10 on Thursday. The machine will be driven by Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, as they attempt to return the Italian squad to title contention following a difficult 2009 season, which saw the team score just one victory.

Team principal Stefano Domenicali kicked off the event’s proceeding, introducing Alonso and Massa to the assembled guests before finally revealing the car.

The F10 is the 56th single-seater produced by Ferrari to contest the world championship and, weather permitting, will make its track debut on Friday at the team's Fiorano circuit, with Massa behind the wheel. The Brazilian, who missed the last few 2009 races after being seriously injured in an accident, was thrilled to be back.

"It is undoubtedly a great pleasure to be here to present another Ferrari,” he said. “It is a special moment because last year was very difficult. I really feel that I want to work more than ever, so I really hope that this will be a very competitive car and that we will be fighting for the championship and that our red car, our Ferrari, will always be in pole position. We are really willing to do this and I am very happy to be here."

Following Kimi Raikkonen’s departure, Massa’s new team mate for 2010 is former Renault driver Alonso. The two-time world champion was in a fighting mood at the launch event, as he predicted the F10 could be the car to reclaim his - and Ferrari’s - title-winning ways.

"This is my first presentation with Ferrari, and it means a lot to me,” said the Spaniard. “I’d like to thank the whole team because I know they have worked really hard over the last few months to create this dream, this new car. We are ready to take on this challenge. Felipe and I will be a very strong team and we hope that we will make all the Ferrari supporters around the world very proud to see this car winning the championship."

The team’s engineering team, including technical director Aldo Costa, engine boss Luca Marmorini and designer Nikolas Tombazis, as well as Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemelo were also in attendance at the Maranello launch.

“This car is the result of a very intense programme of work which started in the spring of 2009,” said Costa. “This activity became more intense during the summer following our strategic choice to leave the development of the F60 and focus on the development of this car. It contains all the passion and all the determination of a very confident group. We want to forget what happened last year and be competitive from the very first race.”

Further details throughout the day.