Once in a lifetime lots on offer at F1 charity auction 27 Jun 2010
Fancy slipping into the cockpit of your very own Formula One car? Fancy treating your child to best work experience they could want - a week working for the Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team? Or would you prefer to have a limited edition Gold & Tantalum Hublot Aerobang watch on your wrist? You dont have to be a guest at the exclusive F1 Party, you can bid for auction lots by email or over the phone now.
Alternatively, pack your bags for a fortnights holiday on exclusive Necker Island; enjoy the ultimate British Grand Prix experience courtesy of Santander; sing in front of the X Factor judges; or take possession of a signed Fernando Alonso racing suit.
These are just some of the once in a lifetime auction lots available at this years official F1 Party. Held annually in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrens Charity, the event is an integral part of the build-up to next months 2010 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX. This years party will take place on July 5 in the Natural History Museum in London.
The party is held with the kind permission of Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One Group, and Santander, title sponsor of the British Grand Prix, are generously sponsoring the event for a fourth year running. Since 2005 the partnership between Formula One racing and the hospitals charity has raised nearly £1.5 million towards its new and much needed Heart and Lung Centre.
Last years event added £450,000 to the Centres funds, which is scheduled for completion in 2012. Great Ormond Street Hospitals Cardiac team is among the best in the world, caring for more than 7,000 children with complex heart and lung conditions every year.
We have brought together the Formula One community to forge a unique partnership with Great Ormond Street Hospital, which has developed over many years now, explained Ecclestone. His daughter, Tamara, is the partys creative director and has helped to plan and oversee the event from the early stages.
Chart-topping pop act the Sugababes will perform at the party, alongside DJ Henry Holland, whilst TV presenters - and hospital patrons - Tess Daly and Vernon Kay will host the evening. However, the main focus for guests will of course be the charity auction, which will see a whole host of glamorous and exclusive lots up for grabs.
Arguably the most exciting item on offer is a 2006 BMW Sauber Formula One car. Driven by Nick Heidfeld to ninth in the drivers championship, the F1.06 has been generously donated by current BMW Sauber team principal Peter Sauber. Heidfeld racked up a total of 9,044 kilometres behind the wheel of the car and finished seventh at the British, Canadian and Chinese Grands Prix.
To bid for any of the items listed below please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (+44) 020 7239 3058. Tickets for the Party still available at a cost of £300 each. For further details about the party and to purchase tickets, click here.
The exclusive auction lots in full:
- Two places at the Renault teams Feel-It programme in Budapest
- A private coaching session with Rugby legends Jason Leonard OBE and Will Greenwood MBE
- BMW Sauber Formula One car from 2006 season
- Your Life Story with Piers Morgan
Be interviewed by the one and only Piers Morgan for your very own Life Story, in front of a studio audience including three of your own guests. Piers will grill you about your life, in the same way he has done with celebrities such as Richard Branson and Katie Price.
- A weeks work experience with the Mercedes GP Formula One team
- A limited edition Gold & Tantalum Hublot Aerobang watch
- The Ultimate 2010 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX Experience
Includes two paddock passes, lunch at McLarens Brand centre, a VIP tour of the McLaren garage and a ride in a two-seater car with Martin Brundle
- Have you got the X Factor?
Have you ever wondered how the X Factor judges would rate your singing talent? Put your voice to the test in front of the whole panel in Manchester on Saturday 10th July.
- A two-week stay on Necker Island
- A year of indulgent luxury for a lucky lady. This includes a years supply of body care from New York apothecary brand Kiehls, a years supply of Myla underwear, a gourmet dinner for two at Blakes, London, a years supply of Laurent Perrier champagne (one bottle per month), a pamper session at Urban Retreat and two nights at the Four Seasons Hotel Canary Wharf
- Your photo in OK! Magazine at the F1 Party
- Signed Fernando Alonso Ferrari racing suit
- 2 tickets to The Wizard of Oz opening night and exclusive after show party
- Theo Walcott artballing experience
- Two luxurious nights at Bovey Castle, Dartmoor National Park
- A fourball at West Hill golf course and a day of fishing at Holbury Lakes
- Gibson SG Standard guitar, signed by Simon Cowell
- Flower design school for six people at Wild at Heart
- Private Box for 15 guests at the ATP Tennis World Tour Finals at the O2
- Gunners in Europe Package
- A years family membership to the exclusive Riverside Health and Racquets Club
- Luxury 5 night stay in New York with Virgin Atlantic flights
- Youre Hired! A weeks work experience on The Apprentice: Youre Fired
- Stunning Issa London ballgown
- Williams F1 Power Plate®
- Monaco Spirit: A gorgeous Steinmetz charm bracelet
- A two-seater experience with Martin Brundle
- Beautiful Annya Sand Splash painting
- The ultimate Jimmy Choo prize
- A John Lewis Home Entertainment System
- The X Factor: Two tickets to the first live show and stay at The May Fair Hotel, plus chauffeur for the night
- Trip for two on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Venice to London
- Bespoke Ralph & Russo ballgown
- VIP Red Bull X-Fighters tickets for 14 August 2010
- Luxury one-week stay at a Mason Rose villa in Sardinia
- A weeks work experience at Condé Nast Brides Magazine
- Signed Juventus shirt by the 09/10 team
- A luxury weekend break in Dorset and use of a Jaguar XKR