Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes has became a Commander of the Order of the British Empire after receiving the award from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in a ceremony in London on Thursday. Fernandes, who also runs airline AirAsia and the Tune Group, was honoured 'for services to promote commercial and educational links' between the United Kingdom and Malaysia.
Ahead of next weekends Malaysian Grand Prix, Lotus will whet the appetites of Formula One fans in the Asian country with a street demonstration in administrative capital Putrajaya. The showcase, which will be held on Saturday, has been organised in collaboration with the Sepang International Circuit and Team Lotus partner AirAsia.
Drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli will...»
- Download now - the Formula1.com 2011 app
- Saubers disqualified over technical infringement - updated
- FIA post-race press conference - Australia
- Perez thrilled with flying start to Formula One career
- Race - invincible Vettel wins with ease in Melbourne
- Australian Grand Prix - selected team & driver quotes