Snap, Tag and Win Competition
Snap, Tag and Win!
SNAP - Take your best photo and upload it to Instagram
TAG - Add #F1, #USGP and #USFANZONE
WIN - Be in with a chance to win a signed t-shirt!
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this Prize Draw is Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited registered business address at No 2 St James’s Market, SW1Y 4AH London (“F1”).
This Prize Draw is open to residents aged 16 and over of the EU, USA and other territories where its operation and the prizes are permitted. The Prize Draw is void where operating it would be prohibited by law.
The Prize Draw is not open to (a) employees, contractors or agents of F1, their group companies or family members, freelance contributors, anyone else connected to the Prize Draw and their family members; or (b) public officials (as defined by applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to bribery and corruption, including but not limited to the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 and the UK Bribery Act 2010) and anyone connected to them.
By entering the Prize Draw you are accepting these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions shall be effective for all entries into the Prize Draw and shall supersede and extinguish any other terms and conditions in respect of the Prize Draw.
6. HOW TO ENTER
6.1 The competition will run from 9:00CDT on 31 October 2019 (the "Opening Date") to 16:00CDT on 3 November 2019 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. Entries received outside this time period will be void and will not be eligible to win any prize.
6.2 In order to enter the Prize Draw, participants must:
a) attend the 2019 FORMULA 1 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (the Event); and
b) post a picture of themselves at the Event on Instagram with the tag #F1 and #USGP.
6.3 The winner will be selected based on the quality of their photo and to the extent that it demonstrates a participant’s passion for F1 and the USGP will be picked as the winner.
6.4 The name of the selected winners of the Prize Draw will be displayed on the giant screens around the Circuit of the Americas (the “Circuit”) during the Event. F1 will not be liable if you fail to collect your prize.
6.5 By entering this competition you are acknowledging and agree to have your name displayed on the public screens at the Circuit in order to notify you if you have won.
6.6 In entering the Prize Draw, participants confirm that they are eligible to do so. F1 may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
6.7 No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw, other than the purchase of a ticket to the Event, and purchase of any other item does not enhance your chance of winning.
6.8 If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Prize Draw, please email F1 at F1fanzone@f1.com with “Snap, Tag and Win - USGP” in the subject line.
6.9 Participants are permitted to enter as many times as they like. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6.10 F1 accept no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
7.1 Each of the winners shall receive one signed t-shirt.
7.2 The prizes listed above do not include any associated costs or expenses including travel, insurance, transfers to and from airports, stations or ports, food and drink, spending money, or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
8.1 There shall be five winners per day.
8.2 The winners will be selected by F1 from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received.
8.3 If the winner does not make F1 aware that they are the winner within two hours of their win being publicised on the giant screens located at the Circuit, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and F1 shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
8.4 If the winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and F1 shall be entitled to select another winner. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
8.5 The decision of F1 regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered in to.
8.6 The name of the winner and winning photos can be obtained after the date the Prize Draw by emailing F1fanzone@f1.com.
8.7 F1 reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
The winner consents to the use by F1 and their related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, still and moving images and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by F1 and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
Residents of Tennessee, any other U.S. state or other jurisdiction in which it is unlawful to require agreement to a perpetual publicity release as a condition of winning a prize shall not be bound by paragraph 8 to the extent it is lawful.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
Where you have consented to receive marketing communications from any person other than F1, your details may be passed to such person(s) and organisation(s) that you have consented to receiving marketing communications from.
F1 accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. F1 further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw save to the extent that (i) death or personal injury is caused by F1’s negligence; (ii) such liability arises from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) for any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law.
F1 reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). In the event that F1 permanently discontinues the Prize Draw pursuant to this paragraph, the entrants in the Prize Draw shall be released from their obligations to F1 under these Terms and Conditions.
F1 shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
For the purpose of data protection law, we are the data controller.
You have choices about the data we collect. When asked to provide certain personal information you may decline, but where such personal information is necessary to provide a service or feature, your use of that service or feature may be restricted as a result.
We will hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the relevant purpose.
What information do we collect?
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Information”):
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality, phone number and preferences.
Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information:
• Footage showing your participation in the Activity.
How do we use your Information?
We may use your Information in a number of ways, including to provide the Activity, to personalise and improve the services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you and in other ways that you agree to.
We may share your Information with our group companies, law enforcement agencies, service providers, partners, people who operate or take over the running of the Activity and third parties that you agree that we can share it with.
We may disclose your Information in order to protect our rights, comply with applicable laws and as is reasonably necessary to operate our systems and protect us and our users.
We may use your Information:
• to operate the Activity and contact you in relation to the activity where reasonably necessary
• to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging) to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) that we offer (such as our digital products) where you have consented for us to do so;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
• for record keeping purposes;
• to administer and provide services you request;
• to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
• to improve the quality of our service and security of our services;
• to understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
• in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
• in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
• in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
• for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your Information with:
• carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
• other Formula 1 group companies (including Formula One Management Limited, Formula One World Championship Limited, Formula One Digital Media Limited, Formula One Marketing Limited and Formula Motorsport Limited);
• any Formula 1 partner in a manner to which you have expressly consented to (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
• anyone who may take over the running of the Activity, or any Formula 1 group company or subcontractor who operates a part of the Activity on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your Information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Information and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
• any law enforcement agency requesting your Information once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request. We will disclose your Information to third parties:
• in order to enforce or apply the terms of any services provided to you;
• to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
• to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
We have security protocols in place to protect your Information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
Where we store your information
We may use service providers to help us administer or operate the Activity. If we or our service providers transfer any Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
Marketing and unsubscribing
Your rights in relation to your data
You have rights to access, correct, delete your Information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may require certain information from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or a legitimate interest of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Generally, other than in relation to marketing, our processing of your personal data is in order to allow us to provide you a service, so we will be unable to provide the service to you without processing your personal data.
• request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you have created a Formula 1 account, we allow you to access, correct and edit your details in the “Account” section of Formula1.com. If you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email email@example.com.
No fee is usually required - you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. What we may need from you - we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
How to Complain
We endeavour to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your Information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority, such as the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office or your national independent body set up to uphold information rights.