We take the privacy of all of our users seriously.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Formula One Digital Media Limited of N° 2 St James’s Market, London, SW1Y 4AH. Formula One Digital Media Limited is registered in England and Wales with registered number 8915039.
What information do we collect?
You may access this Site's home page and browse the Site without disclosing any personal data. In order to provide you with a range of services, however, we may collect personal information from this Site, from information submitted to us and from other communications.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and preferences. Financial and credit card information may be collected by us or our partners for the purpose of processing transactions only and will be processed securely in accordance with industry standards.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we use your information?
We operate a mailing list to send you Formula 1®-related news. We only send emails to addresses which have been subscribed to the list. If you wish to unsubscribe from the list please click on the unsubscribe link in the email or e-mail us at email@example.com. Except as specified below, we will not share, license or sell these e-mail addresses without your express consent.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to anyone who may take over the running of the Site or any Formula 1 companies or subcontractors who operate a part of the Site on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards;
- to any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and
- to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you as follows:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services that you have chosen to receive;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or to personalise your experience of the Site in accordance with your choices.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We have strict security protocols in place to protect our customer data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our customer databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such details. We may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
Where we store your personal data
We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites). If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
Access to information
Applicable legislation may give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 sterling to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We hope that you will enjoy using this Site and the services we offer. However, you may request that your personal information is not used in the ways outlined above. This is called unsubscribing, and may be achieved by any of the following methods:
Sign in, untick the relevant check box(es) and save your details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Correcting and Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you believe that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct or update the personal information held by us by sending an email to email@example.com