FIA confirm ten-team 2005 entry list 02 Dec 2004
Seven race seats still up for grabs for new season
As expected, the Formula One grid will again boast ten teams in 2005, according to the official entry list released by the FIA.
Only six teams have confirmed their full driver line-ups for next season, with three of the remaining four having yet to name a single driver. Teams have until March 3, 2005 to nominate and/or change their drivers.
Red Bull are officially entered as Jaguar Racing, following their last-minute purchase of the team ahead of last months entry deadline. A change of name has been applied for.
And following their recent engine agreement with Toyota, for the purposes of the 2005 constructors championship, Jordan will be known as Jordan Toyota. Minardi are the only squad not to confirm a finalised team name or engine supplier on the entry list, though they are expected to run with Cosworth power.
The full line-up is as follows (TBA = To Be Announced):
1. Michael Schumacher, Ferrari
2. Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari
3. Jenson Button, BAR Honda
4. Takuma Sato, BAR Honda
5. Fernando Alonso, Renault
6. Giancarlo Fisichella, Renault
7. Mark Webber, BMW Williams
8. TBA, BMW Williams
9. Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren Mercedes
10. Juan Pablo Montoya, McLaren Mercedes
11. Jacques Villeneuve, Sauber Petronas
12. Felipe Massa, Sauber Petronas
14. TBA, Jaguar Racing (name change applied for)
15. TBA, Jaguar Racing (name change applied for)
16. Jarno Trulli, Toyota
17. Ralf Schumacher, Toyota
18. TBA, Jordan Toyota
19. TBA, Jordan Toyota
20. TBA, Minardi TBA
21. TBA, Minardi TBA