We take the privacy of all of our users seriously.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Formula One Digital Media Limited of 6 Princes Gate, London SW7 1QJ. Formula One Digital Media Limited is registered in England and Wales with registered number 8915039.
What information do we collect?
You may access this Site's home page and browse the Site without disclosing any personal data. In order to provide you with a range of services, however, we may collect personal information from this Site, from information submitted to us and from other communications.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and preferences. Financial and credit card information may be collected by us or our partners for the purpose of processing transactions only and will be processed securely in accordance with industry standards.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we use your information?
We operate a mailing list to send you Formula 1®-related news. We only send emails to addresses which have been subscribed to the list. If you wish to unsubscribe from the list please click on the unsubscribe link in the email or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except as specified below, we will not share, license or sell these e-mail addresses without your express consent.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to anyone who may take over the running of the Site or any Formula One group companies or subcontractors who operate a part of the Site on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards;
- to any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and
- to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you as follows:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services that you have chosen to receive;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or to personalise your experience of the Site in accordance with your choices.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We have strict security protocols in place to protect our customer data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our customer databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such details. We may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
Where we store your personal data
We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites). If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
Access to information
Applicable legislation may give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 sterling to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
What do cookies do?
Cookies are small, harmless files of letters and numbers that are placed on the hard drive of your computer, smartphone or other device, or in your browser memory if you agree.
What our cookies don't do is store any personal or confidential information about you.
Are cookies safe?
Yes, cookies are harmless text files. They can't look into your computer or device or read any personal information or other material on your hard drive. Cookies can't carry viruses or install anything harmful on your computer.
Why should I keep cookies switched on?
We recommend that you to keep cookies active during your visits to our website because parts of the site rely on them to work properly. If you disable cookies, you will still be able to browse the site, but certain parts of our website may not function correctly and key features may not be available.
How can I manage cookies?
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from Formula1.com at any time by changing the cookie preferences in your web browser settings. As each browser is different, please use your browser's “help” function or your phone or device's manual to find out how to customise your cookie settings. Alternately, for more detailed information on how to manage cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
Cookies used on Formula1.com
Like many websites, Formula1.com uses both first and third party cookies, which maybe 'session' or 'persistent' cookies. Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, last beyond your browsing session and remain on your computer or device until their set expiry date unless they are deleted.
All the cookies on this site are listed below and categorized according to whether they are first or third party.
A. First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by our website and are used to monitor how visitors find and use our website. We record such activity in aggregate and use this information solely for the purposes of understanding overall visitor behaviour and for monitoring and making improvements to our website.
Many of the first party cookies we use are session cookies. No personally-identifiable data is collected – these simply enable us to track your session from page to page and keep you signed in whilst you use our website using a unique ID. Without these cookies these functions would not work.
Other first party cookies we use are persistent cookies and help us remember you as a user each time you use the same computer or device to revisit our site. We also use persistent cookies to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. As with our first party session cookies, no personally-identifiable or sensitive data is collected.
Omniture SiteCatalyst Cookies: These use a mix of first and third party cookies and have the below functions. No personal or sensitive information is collected.
- sc_ev: used to collect information about how visitors use the site. These can be considered as performance cookies and expire when the browser is closed.
- cmp_cookie: used to collect information about how visitors use the site. These can be considered as performance cookies and expire when the browser is closed.
- s_vi [ID]: is a persistent cookie which stores unique visitor ID and a time/date stamp. This cookie is used to identify a unique visitor and is served by 207.net.
- s_lv: This cookie tracks the number of days between visits for a user visiting the site.
- s_lv_s: This cookie is used by an Omniture plugin to capture the days since a user last visited the site.
Session IDs: Our web server may create session cookies which are essential for your use of some of the interactive elements of the website, such as contact forms and logging in. The cookie contains a session ID which is a mechanism for distinguishing your visit to our website from any other visitors that may be using the website at the same time and expires when you leave our website. For more information on session IDs, please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899918.
Analytics Cookies: We use Google Analytics™ to collect information about and analyse how visitors use our website. Google Analytics™ creates a number of first party cookies, all prefixed __utm, as follows:
- __utma: contains a unique and anonymous identifying ID, which allows us to ensure that subsequent visits to our website are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. This cookie expires after two years.
- __utmb: used to establish and continue a unique user session. Each time you request another page from the website the cookie is updated to expire after 30minutes.
- __utmc: works with __utmb to determine when to create a new session for a website visitor. This is a session cookie and expires when you exit the browser.
- __utmz: tracks how you found us and is used to calculate traffic and navigation within the website. It is updated with every new page view and expires after 6 months.
- You may also sometimes find a __utmv cookie which relates to custom reporting segments, a feature which is occasionally used on Google Analytics™.
The information collected is completely anonymous and may expire after the current session or last longer. We do not allow external organisations to access, use or share any of this information.
Full details of the cookies which Google Analytics™ uses can be found on the 'Cookies and Google Analytics' page of Google™'s website at http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html in If you wish to opt out of our use of Google Analytics, you may wish to consider using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which can be found at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, in order to maintain your experience for the rest of the website.
Content Management and Site Navigation Cookies: Our content management tool creates a number of first party cookies. These are session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser. We use the data that is collected using these cookies to report, in aggregate, how our visitors find and use our website. This allows us to understand overall visitor behaviour and update and improve our website. All data is aggregated and cannot be used to personally identify you.
Mobile Cookies (eflag): This is cookie that remembers your choice of the mobile or desktop site. The cookie lasts beyond your current session, but no personal or sensitive information is collected.
Ident (IDENT, SkipIdent): These cookies are used by the homepage to remember whether y you have elected to always skip the site's intro sequence.
F1 Store Cookies: These cookies identify users and retain information surrounding preferences, login, baskets etc. These are functional cookies.
B. Third Party Cookies
As well as using cookies from our advertising partners, from time to time we may embed external content from third party websites within our website, such as plug-ins from Facebook™ and Twitter™. We use these cookies, which maybe session or persistent, as marketing tools for our own business and to provide convenience tools for our visitors. As this content is created by an external service, we have no direct control over the setting or management of these cookies. If you would like to change your third party cookie preferences, please check the third party websites for information on how to manage them.
Cloudflare Cookies (_cfduid): This cookie is used as part of a service which helps improve your user experience by optimising page load times globally. The cookie lasts beyond your current session, but no personal or sensitive information is collected.
C. Other cookies that may be used
Flash Local Shared Object (LSO) or Flash Cookies: We rarely use Flash technology on our website, however, occasionally, we use Adobe™ Flash technology, which uses Flash Local Shared Objects or Flash cookies, to display certain content as set out below. Please note that these cookies cannot be controlled through your web browser. If you would like to disable or manage your Flash cookies, you must do this through Adobe's Global Storage Settings panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html.
- Video Cookies: We may periodically use video services to host video content, and embed content in our web pages to allow you to watch the video without leaving our website. We use a variety of providers, but examples include:
We occasionally trial other services, which may create cookies on your computer or device. If we do so, these trials will be listed here.
Further information about cookies
For more detailed information about cookies and how to manage them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We hope that you will enjoy using this Site and the services we offer. However, you may request that your personal information is not used in the ways outlined above. This is called unsubscribing, and may be achieved by any of the following methods:
Sign in and visit the Edit details page, untick the relevant check box(es) and save your details.
Email us at email@example.com
Correcting and Updating Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or if you believe that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct or update the personal information held by us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org