Testing roundup - top teams run separately 22 Sep 2003
Last week saw another flurry of testing activity as the Formula One teams made their final on-track preparations for this weekend's United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis.
There were multi-team sessions at Jerez, Barcelona and Silverstone, with Ferrari, Williams and McLaren topping the respective timesheets. Ferrari also worked alone at Monza and Fiorano, while Mugello hosted Minardi for a day.
Toyota conducted an additional one-day session at Paul Ricard, while BAR supplemented their Jerez testing by running Anthony Davidson for two days at Idiada in Spain.
See also: Tuesday's testing report.
See also: Wednesday's testing report.
See also: Thursday's testing report.
See also: Friday's testing report.
See also: Minardi put 'new' PS04 through its paces
See also: Button crashes out of Jerez test
Unofficial best times of the week, Silverstone:
1. Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams, 1:19.966
2. Marc Gene, Williams, 1:20.750
3. Ralph Firman, Jordan, 1:23.171
4. Zsolt Baumgartner, Jordan, 1:23.364
Unofficial best times of the week, Barcelona:
1. David Coulthard, McLaren, 1:16.366
2. Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren, 1:16.431
3. Alexander Wurz, McLaren, 1:16.690
4. Cristiano da Matta, Toyota, 1:17.356
5. Franck Montagny, Renault, 1:17.392
Unofficial best times of the week, Jerez:
1. Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, 1:18.456
2. Nick Heidfeld, Sauber, 1:19.235
3. Ricardo Zonta, Toyota, 1:19.462
4. Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Sauber, 1:19.990
5. Jenson Button, BAR, 1:20.112
6. Takuma Sato, BAR, 1:20.425
7. Jacques Villeneuve, BAR, 1:20.905