Hamilton edging Verstappen – Odds and betting lines for the Austrian Grand Prix
Thinking of having a flutter on the Austrian Grand Prix? Here are the latest odds for the season opener, as provided by 188BET.COM…
The odds for victory
He hasn’t won in Austria for the last three years, but Lewis Hamilton remains the pre-race favourite, just shading Max Verstappen, who has been victorious in the last two Grands Prix at the Red Bull Ring. Of the big favourites, perhaps the best value lies with Valtteri Bottas.
For the uninitiated, the decimal odds number represents the amount won for every $1 wagered. The higher the odds of something happening, the lower the number. For example if you bet $10 on Hamilton winning, your pay-out would be $28 if he won.
• Lewis Hamilton 2.80
• Max Verstappen 3.00
• Charles Leclerc 5.50
• Sebastian Vettel 6.50
• Valtteri Bottas 7.00
• Alexander Albon 34.0
• Sergio Perez 41.0
• Carlos Sainz, Lance Stroll 151
• Lando Norris, Pierre Gasly 301
• Daniel Ricciardo, Esteban Ocon, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniil Kvyat 601
• Antonio Giovinazzi, Romain Grosjean, Kevin Magnussen, George Russell, Nicholas Latifi 901
The odds for fastest in qualifying
Again, Hamilton is the favourite here, and again he shades Verstappen. Last year’s polesitter Charles Leclerc, meanwhile, has odds of 7.50, which some may think represents good value.
• Lewis Hamilton 2.75
• Max Verstappen 2.80
• Valtteri Bottas 4.50
• Charles Leclerc 7.50
• Sebastian Vettel 11.0
• Alexander Albon 26.0
• Sergio Perez 67.0
• Carlos Sainz, Lando Norris, Lance Stroll 201
• Pierre Gasly 601
• Daniel Ricciardo, Esteban Ocon, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniil Kvyat, Antonio Giovinazzi, Romain Grosjean, Kevin Magnussen, George Russell, Nicholas Latifi 901
The odds to make the podium
Since Austria returned to the calendar in 2014, Williams are the only team outside of the current big three of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull to take a podium slot, Valtteri Bottas coming third in 2014 and Felipe Massa doing likewise in 2015.
Racing Point’s Sergio Perez is rated as the man most likely to make it from midfield to rostrum this year.
• Lewis Hamilton 1.25
• Max Verstappen 1.35
• Valtteri Bottas 1.9
• Charles Leclerc 2.00
• Sebastian Vettel 3.00
• Alexander Albon 4.00
• Sergio Perez 9.00
• Carlos Sainz, Lance Stroll 21.0
• Daniel Ricciardo, Lando Norris 51.0
• Pierre Gasly 67.0
• Esteban Ocon, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniil Kvyat 101
• Antonio Giovinazzi, Romain Grosjean, Kevin Magnussen 301
• George Russell, Nicholas Latifi 601
The odds for fastest lap
Verstappen took fastest lap in Austria last year, but he’s shaded once more by Hamilton who took the most fastest laps in 2019 as a whole.
Remember, a late tyre change can always help cause a surprise, as a midfield runner could suddenly find themselves with maximum grip and low fuel.
• Lewis Hamilton 3.00
• Max Verstappen 3.25
• Valtteri Bottas, Charles Leclerc 5.00
• Sebastian Vettel 6.00
• Alexander Albon 9.00
• Sergio Perez 26.00
• Lance Stroll 51.0
• Carlos Sainz 67.0
• Lando Norris 81.0
• Daniel Ricciardo 126
• Esteban Ocon, Kimi Raikkonen, Pierre Gasly 151
• Antonio Giovinazzi, Daniil Kvyat, Kevin Magnussen, Romain Grosjean 201
• George Russell, Nicholas Latifi 901
The odds of both cars from one team scoring points
Pre-season pacesetters Mercedes, with their usual bulletproof reliability, are the favourites here, despite the issues they’ve suffered at the Red Bull Ring in recent years.
Renault, by contrast, are not fancied, having not run well in Austria in recent times.
• Mercedes 1.08
•Ferrari, Red Bull 1.15
•Racing Point 1.60
•Alfa Romeo 11.0
The odds of a Safety Car
Will the Safety Car get called during the Austrian Grand Prix? According to the odds, there’s a higher likelihood that it will…
Odds are in $USD and correct as of 2pm UK time, July 1 2020.