The images you see above are not renders. That’s Aston Martin’s genuine, 2022-spec AMR22 on circuit at Silverstone on Friday, in the hands of drivers Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel.
Aston Martin took to the track that 72 years ago hosted F1’s first ever World Championship event to complete a shakedown of the AMR22, built to 2022’s sweeping new technical rules after Formula 1 underwent arguably the biggest regulation overhaul in its history.
ANALYSIS: The intriguing design features on Aston Martin’s new AMR22
Check out the short video below, as the drivers guide the AMR22 – launched on Thursday at Aston Martin Lagonda’s Gaydon factory – around the track, as the team prepare for pre-season running to begin in earnest at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 23.
This tweet has been removed from Twitter
Everything you need for the 2022 Formula 1 season
- DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar and F1 car launch schedule
- WATCH: Everything you need to know about the new 2022 F1 car
- 2022 F1 GRID – All the drivers and teams racing this season
- 10 things every Formula 1 fan should be excited for in 2022
- 5 bold predictions for the 2022 season – but how many will come true?