Aston Martin complete fire-up of all-new AMR22
Aston Martin will launch their AMR22 on February 10. And the Silverstone-based team have reached an important milestone in the all-new car’s development, after completing the fire-up on the new machine’s power unit.
Aston Martin are pinning big hopes on the AMR22, following a 2021 debut season in which, in the words of driver Sebastian Vettel – who again partners Lance Stroll this season – they were “hoping for more”, after finishing a distant P7 in the standings.
READ MORE: Haas become first team to reveal 2022 car and livery
Gone is Team Principal Otmar Szafnauer, replaced by former BMW motorsport chief Mike Krack, while the team will soon receive an added boost when Dan Fallows joins from Red Bull in April, to start work as the team’s Technical Director.
Listen to the sweet sound of the fire-up of the Mercedes-powered Aston Martin AMR22 in the video below.
This tweet has been removed from Twitter
Everything you need for the 2022 Formula 1 season
- DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar and F1 car launch schedule
- WATCH: Everything you need to know about the new 2022 F1 car
- 2022 F1 GRID – All the drivers and teams racing this season
- 10 things every Formula 1 fan should be excited for in 2022
- 5 bold predictions for the 2022 season – but how many will come true?