BETTING GUIDE: Who are the favourites to shine under the lights at the inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix?
The Entertainment capital of the world is all set to play host to the 20 drivers and their cars as we are days away from the inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix. But who do the odds have claiming the maiden victory under the lights in Nevada?
188BET’s odds are presented in decimal form: for every $1 wagered you would win the figure represented by the odds; so, if Verstappen is favourite at 1.50, you would win $1.50 for every dollar bet.
The odds for the win
With 17 victories to his name so far in 2023, Verstappen is once again the man to beat this weekend. He has won both races in America so far this year and the odds have him as a huge favourite to score another victory in Vegas.
He is followed by Lando Norris in the odds, with the McLaren driver having crossed the line in second in four of the last six races – in Singapore, Japan, Austin, and Brazil – but can he get that elusive first win in F1?
- Max Verstappen 1.25
- Lando Norris 11.0
- Lewis Hamilton 15.0
- Sergio Perez 17.0
- Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc 21.0
- Fernando Alonso, George Russell, Oscar Piastri 41.0
- Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly 301
- Alex Albon, Kevin Magnussen, Lance Stroll, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 601
The odds for who will be fastest in qualifying
The odds have Verstappen as the favourite for qualifying, with the Dutchman seen as the likely winner of the pole position award. He is closely followed by Charles Leclerc who has the second most pole positions on the grid this year with three – including two in the last three races.
Right behind them is Carlos Sainz, who last took pole in Singapore, where he also scored the only non-Red Bull win of the season, with Sergio Perez given the sixth-best odds.
- Max Verstappen 1.45
- Charles Leclerc 6.50
- Carlos Sainz 9.00
- Lando Norris 11.0
- Lewis Hamilton 13.0
- Sergio Perez 19.0
- George Russell 21.0
- Oscar Piastri 34.0
- Alex Albon, Fernando Alonso 151
- Esteban Ocon, Kevin Magnussen, Lance Stroll, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Pierre Gasly, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 301
The odds for a podium finish
Verstappen and Norris are once more seen as the two favourites to be standing on the rostrum at the end of the race. Behind them are the quartet of Sainz, Leclerc, Hamilton, and Perez, who are all given the same odds.
Oscar Piastri has finished on the podium twice in his rookie season, but not since the Qatar GP in October. He is given the fourth-best odds to win a trophy on Saturday night, along with George Russell, and ahead of Fernando Alonso.
- Max Verstappen 1.15
- Lando Norris 1.50
- Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc, Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez 2.60
- George Russell, Oscar Piastri 7.00
- Fernando Alonso 12.0
- Alex Albon 67.0
- Esteban Ocon, Lance Stroll, Pierre Gasly 151
- Kevin Magnussen, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 251
The odds for fastest lap
Verstappen has scored the fastest lap in eight of the 20 races so far this year, and he is seen as the favourite to do so again in Las Vegas. He is followed by Sainz, Leclerc, Russell, Norris, and Perez, who are all given the same odds.
Norris took the fastest lap last time out in Brazil, while Hamilton has done so four times this year – the second-most on the grid. With the possibility of large gaps appearing on such a long lap, look for some drivers to pit in order to bag that extra point.
- Max Verstappen 1.60
- Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc, George Russell, Lando Norris, Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez 11.0
- Fernando Alonso, Oscar Piastri 26.0
- Alex Albon, Lance Stroll 101
- Esteban Ocon, Kevin Magnussen, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Pierre Gasly, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 251
What are the odds for which team will take the most points?
Red Bull are seen as the best bet to score the most points this weekend, with Perez’s return to form in Brazil proving to be a huge boost for the constructors' champions. They are just ahead of McLaren, who have proven to be their closest competitors in recent races.
In the battle for second in the constructors’ championship, Ferrari are given slightly better odds than Mercedes to score more points in Las Vegas, while Aston Martin are fifth favourites after their return to the sharp end of the field in Sao Paulo.
- Red Bull 1.20
- McLaren 8.50
- Ferrari 9.00
- Mercedes 13.0
- Aston Martin 34.0
- Alpine 101
- Williams 151
- Alfa Romeo, Alpha Tauri, Haas 201
The odds for a Safety Car appearing during the race
We have never raced at the Las Vegas Strip Circuit before so there are a lot of relative unknowns for the drivers and their teams. The odds say this means we are more likely than not to see a Safety Car make an appearance in the race.
- Yes 1.25
- No 3.75