BETTING GUIDE: Who are the favourites to star on the streets of Azerbaijan?
Formula 1 heads to Azerbaijan for the first Sprint weekend of the season, with Red Bull looking to continue their fine start to the year – but what do the odds say about their chances of victory at the Baku City Circuit?
188BET’s odds are presented in decimal form: for every $1 wagered you would win the figure represented by the odds; so if Verstappen is favourite at 1.50, you would win $1.50 for every dollar bet.
The odds for the win
Last year’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix winner, Max Verstappen, is the favourite to claim victory this weekend, ahead of his team mate Sergio Perez – as both drivers bid to become the first repeat winners at Baku.
Fernando Alonso, who is third in the odds, is seen as a dark horse to secure the win this weekend, ahead of Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton in fourth. However, 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix winner Valtteri Bottas is seen as a longshot for victory.
- Max Verstappen 1.40
- Sergio Perez 5.50
- Fernando Alonso 12.0
- Lewis Hamilton 13.0
- Carlos Sainz, George Russell, Charles Leclerc 26.0
- Lance Stroll 67.0
- Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly 601
- Alex Albon, Kevin Magnussen, Lando Norris, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Nyck de Vries, Oscar Piastri, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 901
The odds for who will be fastest in qualifying
Verstappen has qualified on pole in two of the opening three races to start the year – in Bahrain and Melbourne – and is once again considered the favourite ahead of his team mate, Perez, to start Sunday's Grand Prix from P1.
Charles Leclerc – who has qualified on pole at the last two races in Azerbaijan – is however given the fifth best odds to qualify fastest on Friday, alongside Mercedes driver George Russell.
- Max Verstappen 1.32
- Sergio Perez 5.00
- Fernando Alonso 10.0
- Lewis Hamilton 21.0
- Charles Leclerc, George Russell 34.0
- Carlos Sainz, Lance Stroll 41.0
- Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly 101
- Lando Norris 251
- Alex Albon, Kevin Magnussen, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Nyck de Vries, Oscar Piastri, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 601
The odds for a podium finish
Verstappen and Perez are considered the two favourites to finish on the podium come Sunday afternoon, ahead of Alonso – who has finished third in each of the opening three races – and Hamilton.
Lance Stroll – who finished third in Baku back in 2018 – is given the seventh best odds to finish on the podium for the first time this season, while Pierre Gasly – who also finished third in Azerbaijan back in 2021 – is ninth favourite, alongside his Alpine team mate, Esteban Ocon, to finish in the top three.
- Max Verstappen 1.22
- Sergio Perez 1.44
- Fernando Alonso 1.62
- Lewis Hamilton 2.65
- Charles Leclerc, George Russell 3.75
- Carlos Sainz 5.50
- Lance Stroll 7.50
- Lando Norris 34.0
- Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly 41.0
- Alex Albon 81.0
- Nico Hulkenberg 101
- Kevin Magnussen, Logan Sargeant, Nyck de Vries, Oscar Piastri, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda, Zhou Guanyu 151
The odds for the fastest lap
Perez – who got the fastest lap last time out in Melbourne – is second favourite once again behind Verstappen to set the quickest time in Sunday's race.
Leclerc, Russell, and Hamilton are fourth favourites to claim the fastest lap, while Zhou Guanyu – who set the fastest lap at the season opener in Bahrain – is given long odds to repeat that same trick this weekend.
- Max Verstappen 1.82
- Sergio Perez 3.50
- Fernando Alonso 8.00
- Charles Leclerc, George Russell, Lewis Hamilton 15.0
- Carlos Sainz 26.0
- Lance Stroll 29.0
- __Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly 101
- Alex Albon, Lando Norris, Zhou Guanyu 151
- Kevin Magnussen, Logan Sargeant, Nico Hulkenberg, Nyck de Vries, Oscar Piastri, Valtteri Bottas, Yuki Tsunoda 251
What are the odds for which team will take the most points?
Red Bull’s impressive start to the season, sees them as big favourites to take the most points home this weekend. Behind the reigning world champions, it is considered a tight affair between Aston Martin, Mercedes and Ferrari for second.
Despite a point-less outing in Melbourne, Alpine are given better odds of claiming more points than rivals McLaren, and although they have shown promising signs this season, Williams are seen as having a slim chance of achieving a top-10 finish in Baku.
- Red Bull 1.14
- Aston Martin 9.00
- Mercedes 10.0
- Ferrari 15.0
- Alpine 81.0
- McLaren 101
- Alfa Romeo, Alpha Tauri, Haas, Williams 151
The odds for a Safety Car appearing during the race
The Baku City Circuit has seen its fair share of Safety Cars, and the odds makers believe it is a lot more likely than not for it to make another appearance on Sunday.
- Yes 1.18
- No 4.50