Mercedes announce reveal date for 2022 W13 F1 car
Mercedes have announced the February reveal date for their 2022 Formula 1 car – the W13 – that is set to see Lewis Hamilton and George Russell compete as team mates for the first time.
The eight-time constructors' champions are seeking to extend their record with a ninth consecutive title this season, while Hamilton looks for a record eighth drivers' championship title. Russell makes his full-time debut for the Silver Arrows as Valtteri Bottas has departed for Alfa Romeo.
READ MORE: Ferrari name the date for their 2022 car launch
Mercedes will reveal their W13 Formula 1 car on February 18 in an online event from Silverstone.
That's eight days after customer team Aston Martin take the covers off their AMR22. The W13 will then be given a shakedown run around the iconic circuit later that day.
Everything you need for the 2022 Formula 1 season
- DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar and F1 car launch schedule
- WATCH: Everything you need to know about the new 2022 F1 car
- 2022 F1 GRID – All the drivers and teams racing this season
- 10 things every Formula 1 fan should be excited for in 2022
- 5 bold predictions for the 2022 season – but how many will come true?