Williams announce launch date for 2022 FW44 challenger
Williams have become the final F1 team to announce their plans surrounding the launch of their new car, designed to Formula 1’s radical 2022 regulations.
The FW44, as the team's new challenger is set to be called, will be shown off in a digital event on February 15 at 1300 GMT.
DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar, pre-season testing and car launch schedule
The car will be piloted this season by Nicholas Latifi – in what will be his third season with the team – and Alex Albon, who returns to Formula 1 after a year on the sidelines as Red Bull and AlphaTauri’s reserve driver.
Both drivers, along with Team Principal Jost Capito, will be on hand to show off the new car, which will be the first to be designed under the guidance of Technical Director Francois-Xavier Demaison – who previously worked with Capito on Volkswagen’s all-conquering World Rally Championship programme.
ANALYSIS: Who is FX Demaison – and why have Williams looked outside F1 for their new tech chief?
Poignantly, the FW44 will also be the first new Williams car to be unveiled since the team’s co-founder Sir Frank Williams passed away last November, at the age of 79.
Everything you need for the 2022 Formula 1 season
- DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar and F1 car launch schedule
- WATCH: Everything you need to know about the new 2022 F1 car
- 2022 F1 GRID – All the drivers and teams racing this season
- 10 things every Formula 1 fan should be excited for in 2022
- 5 bold predictions for the 2022 season – but how many will come true?