Betting odds for the Turkish Grand Prix – Who's favourite to come out on top at Istanbul Park?
Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen will face off again this weekend in Turkey after a nailbiting Russian Grand Prix contest last time out. Here are the odds for the 2021 Turkish Grand Prix.
188BET's odds are presented in decimal form: for every $1 wagered you would win the figure represented by the odds; so if Verstappen is favourite at 1.50, you would win $1.50 for every dollar bet.
The odds for the win
Sochi saw Lando Norris lose out on a likely maiden victory after rain struck the Russian circuit, triggering a wave of pit stops that ultimately helped Hamilton win and take a two-point championship lead.
But Verstappen managed a sensational recovery from the back, engine penalties seeing him start P20, to end up P2 – while Ferrari's Carlos Sainz completed the podium.
There's still uncertainty over the weather in Turkey – with rain most likely to strike on Saturday – and further uncertainty over who will emerge the victor. The favourites are below...
- Max Verstappen 1.85
- Lewis Hamilton 2.35
- Valtteri Bottas 17.0
- Sergio Perez 21.0
- Lando Norris 26.0
- Charles Leclerc 41.0
- Carlos Sainz 67.0
- Daniel Ricciardo 81.0
- George Russell 101
- Pierre Gasly 201
- Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, Lance Stroll, Mick Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel 301
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Kimi Raikkonen, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 601
- Yuki Tsunoda 901
The odds for who will be fastest in qualifying
It was Norris who took a brilliant maiden pole position in a mixed-up, damp, qualifying session at Sochi.
And with rain on the horizon in Turkey, qualifying could be mixed up once again. It has us not only thinking back to the Russian GP – where Ferrari's Sainz and Williams' George Russell managed to out-qualify Hamilton – but to last year's Turkish GP, where Lance Stroll managed to take his first ever pole position in the wet.
There's also the question of whether Hamilton will take a new Mercedes power unit and the resultant grid penalties, sacrificing a shot at pole position in the process.
View the odds for qualifying winner below.
- Max Verstappen 2.20
- Lewis Hamilton 2.30
- Valtteri Bottas 5.00
- Sergio Perez 17.0
- Lando Norris 21.0
- Charles Leclerc 26.0
- Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo 67.0
- George Russell, Pierre Gasly, Sebastian Vettel 151
- Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, Lance Stroll 301
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Kimi Raikkonen, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin, Yuki Tsunoda, Mick Schumacher 601
The odds for a podium finish
We've seen Russell reach the rostrum in Belgium, McLaren take a one-two in Italy, and Sainz take third in Russia as this season continues to throw up surprises.
Look a bit further back and it was Esteban Ocon who won for Alpine in Hungary – Sainz taking P3 once again.
But there have been consistent podium-finishers in recent races too, with Verstappen and Hamilton taking top three spots in Russia, and Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas landing podiums in Italy and the Netherlands.
So, the Red Bull-Mercedes hegemony may well continue in Turkey, but there are many drivers capable of taking a trophy. The odds, below, show just how open the race for the podium is.
- Max Verstappen, Lewis Hamilton 1.30
- Valtteri Bottas 1.65
- Sergio Perez 2.50
- Charles Leclerc 3.50
- Lando Norris 4.00
- Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo 7.00
- Pierre Gasly, Sebastian Vettel 17.0
- Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, George Russell, Yuki Tsunoda, Lance Stroll 26.0
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Mick Schumacher 151
- Kimi Raikkonen, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 301
The odds for fastest lap
In Hungary, it was Pierre Gasly who took fastest lap for AlphaTauri, while McLaren have taken the last two bonus points thanks to Daniel Ricciardo in Italy and Lando Norris in Russia.
So expect another open race when it comes to fastest lap, as the odds show.
- Max Verstappen, Lewis Hamilton 2.75
- Valtteri Bottas 5.00
- Sergio Perez 6.00
- Charles Leclerc, Daniel Ricciardo, Lando Norris 26.0
- Pierre Gasly 34.0
- Carlos Sainz 41.0
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, George Russell, Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin, Sebastian Vettel, Yuki Tsunoda 301
Constructors' championship standings pre-Turkey
|2 Red Bull Racing||364.5|
What are the odds for which team will take the most points?
Mercedes have a 33-point lead at the head of the constructors' championship. Certainly strong, but equally not insurmountable.
However, it's Red Bull who are odds-on to take the most points in Turkey according to the below.
- Red Bull 1.65
- Mercedes 2.20
- McLaren 17.0
- Ferrari 26.0
- Williams 81.0
- AlphaTauri, Alpine, Aston Martin, Haas 151
- Alfa Romeo 301
The odds for a Safety Car appearing during the race
The odds point towards a Safety Car appearing during the Turkish Grand Prix.
Odds supplied by 188BET – odds are in USD$ and timestamped October 6 2021, 1316 GMT+1 Time in UK.