Red Bull cement launch date for Max Verstappen's title-defending RB18 machine
Red Bull have nailed down the date on which they will reveal the car with which Max Verstappen will defend his Formula 1 title.
The 2022 Red Bull F1 car will be called RB18, and will be launched on February 9 – nine days before rivals Mercedes launch their W13. Last season saw Verstappen win his maiden F1 title in a thrilling finale at Abu Dhabi, at the helm of the RB16B.
Two big questions for Red Bull in 2022: More title success for Milton Keynes this season?
Mexican racer Sergio Perez continues with Red Bull, readying for his second season with the drivers' championship-winning team.
Following Honda’s decision to leave the sport at the end of 2021, meanwhile, the newly-established Red Bull Powertrains will oversee the RB18’s power unit for 2022 – although following a deal made towards the end of last season, that power unit will continue to use Honda intellectual property.
This tweet has been removed from Twitter
Everything you need for the 2022 Formula 1 season
- DIARY DATES: The 2022 F1 calendar and F1 car launch schedule
- WATCH: Everything you need to know about the new 2022 F1 car
- 2022 F1 GRID – All the drivers and teams racing this season
- 10 things every Formula 1 fan should be excited for in 2022
- 5 bold predictions for the 2022 season – but how many will come true?