BUXTON: How Vettel's impending Ferrari departure will affect the driver market
The big news in the Formula 1 world this week is undoubtedly the announcement that Sebastian Vettel will be leaving Ferrari at the end of this year.
By the time he finishes out his current contract he will have raced with the Scuderia for six seasons, and his move could now trigger a whole host of moves up and down the grid as drivers jostle to be the one to replace him at Ferrari, or slot in to a seat his recplacement will vacate.
Will McLaren's Carlos Sainz get the call from Maranello? Or how about Daniel Ricciardo at Renault? And what happens to their seats if one of them does get to pull on the famous red race suit next year?
F1's Digital Presenter Will Buxton takes a look at the permutations for the driver market in the video above...
More on Sebastian Vettel leaving Ferrari
- Sebastian Vettel to leave Ferrari at the end of 2020 F1 season, team confirm
- ANALYSIS: Why Vettel and Ferrari broke up – and what happens next
- From the favourites to the wildcards, who are the contenders to replace Vettel at Ferrari?
- Where to next for Vettel? We look at the options for 2021 for the departing Ferrari star
- Leclerc insists 'there was always respect' between him and departing team mate Vettel
- BUXTON: How Vettel's impending Ferrari departure will affect the driver market