Betting odds for the Portuguese GP – Who's favourite for the win, pole and the podium at Portimao?
Round three of the 2021 World Championship heralds a return to Portimao for the circuit's second-ever Grand Prix. With Lewis Hamilton leading the championship by just one point over Max Verstappen it's time to check the odds and see who's favourite for the win, pole, fastest lap and more – provided by 188BET.COM.
188BET's odds are presented in decimal form: for every $1 wagered you would win the figure represented by the odds; so if Hamilton is favourite at 1.50, you would win $1.50 for every dollar bet.
What are the odds for the win?
A terrific Emilia Romagna Grand Prix saw Verstappen win at Imola but it's Hamilton who leads the championship by one point. The Briton, who won the Bahrain season-opener, may have a very slight lead in the standings and took his record-breaking 92nd victory in last year's Portuguese GP – but is he favourite to take a second win of the season here?
And what of their team mates, Red Bull's Sergio Perez and Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas, both of whom struggled at Imola?
Well, a look at the odds below shows that it really is neck and neck between the Bulls and the Silver Arrows – just as it was at Imola.
- Max Verstappen, Lewis Hamilton 2.25
- Valtteri Bottas, Sergio Perez 9.00
- Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris 34.0
- Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo 51.0
- Pierre Gasly 67.0
- Yuki Tsunoda 151
- Lance Stroll, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel 251
- Esteban Ocon 601
- George Russell, Kimi Raikkonen, Antonio Giovinazzi, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 901
The odds for pole position
This time around, the odds are tilted in Verstappen's favour, however, while Bottas and Perez are much longer shots than their respective team mates.
Ferrari's Charles Leclerc and McLaren's Imola podium-finisher Lando Norris are outsiders for pole at 41.0.
- Max Verstappen 1.85
- Lewis Hamilton 2.65
- Valtteri Bottas 8.00
- Sergio Perez 10.0
- Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris 41.0
- Daniel Ricciardo, Pierre Gasly 67.0
- Carlos Sainz 126
- Yuki Tsunoda 151
- Fernando Alonso, Lance Stroll, Sebastian Vettel 501
- Esteban Ocon, Kimi Raikkonen, Antonio Giovinazzi George Russell, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 901
What are the odds for a podium finish?
After Norris's Imola podium, scored ahead of the two Ferraris, the race for the top three might not just be about the Mercedes and the Red Bulls.
There are many contenders for a trip to the rostrum, including the AlphaTauri of Pierre Gasly, the Ferraris of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz and, of course, McLaren drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Norris.
As for Alpine and Aston Martin, they're longer bets for a podium having struggled to keep up with Ferrari and McLaren in the first two rounds. Perhaps they will have clawed back some pace for Portugal...
- Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen 1.25
- Valtteri Bottas, Sergio Perez 2.10
- Lando Norris 3.75
- Charles Leclerc 5.00
- Daniel Ricciardo, Pierre Gasly 8.00
- Carlos Sainz 9.00
- Yuki Tsunoda 26.0
- Fernando Alonso, Lance Stroll, Sebastian Vettel 51.0
- Esteban Ocon 101
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Kimi Raikkonen, George Russell, Nicholas Latifi 501
- Mick Schumacher, Nikita Mazepin 901
What are the odds for fastest lap?
Hamilton's fastest effort at Imola gave him that extra point needed to lead the championship, but the chase for Fastest Lap is as always a close one to call.
However, Verstappen is favourite to take that bonus point for Fastest Lap in Portugal while Hamilton is just pipped to runner-up in these stakes. Of course, anything can happen this weekend, with the midfielders also in the running for Fastest Lap honours.
- Max Verstappen 2.75
- Lewis Hamilton 3.00
- Valtteri Bottas 5.50
- Sergio Perez 7.00
- Lando Norris 15.0
- Charles Leclerc 21.0
- Pierre Gasly 26.0
- Yuki Tsunoda 41.0
- Carlos Sainz 67.0
- Fernando Alonso 101
- Esteban Ocon, Antonio Giovinazzi, George Russell, Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sebastian Vettel, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 251
What are the odds for which team will take the most points?
It might be neck and neck in the drivers' standings but Mercedes have a seven-point lead in the constructors'. Does that mean they're outright favourites to take the most points from Portugal? Not quite...
- Mercedes, Red Bull 1.85
- Ferrari, McLaren 26.0
- AlphaTauri 41.0
- Alpine, Aston Martin 201
- Alfa Romeo, Haas, Williams 901
What are the odds of a Safety Car during the race?
It's odds on for a Safety Car in this weekend's race at Portimao, and the demands of the circuit could mean we see some incidents. Furthermore, Bahrain and Imola both held dramatic contests and the odds may also reflect that.
- Yes 1.40
- No 2.75
Odds supplied by 188BET are in USD$ and timestamped 28 Apr 2021, 11.55am UK time