Betting odds for the Austrian Grand Prix: Who looks good value for a podium at the Red Bull Ring?
Formula 1's first triple-header of 2021 concludes this weekend with the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring. With Max Verstappen 18 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who's favourite to win this round? The odds, provided by 188BET, are here...
188BET's odds are presented in decimal form: for every $1 wagered you would win the figure represented by the odds; so if Verstappen is favourite at 1.50, you would win $1.50 for every dollar bet.
The odds for the win
Last time out we saw Verstappen dominate over Hamilton, and this weekend's race is at the same circuit – but the tyres are different and the weather could change too.
Yet Verstappen is the runaway favourite this time round for a repeat win – while his team mate Sergio Perez has odds equal to Valtteri Bottas for victory.
FORM GUIDE: Can anyone dislodge Verstappen in the Austrian GP as battle resumes at the Red Bull Ring?
Here are the odds for victory:
- Max Verstappen 1.60
- Lewis Hamilton 3.10
- Valtteri Bottas, Sergio Perez 13.0
- Lando Norris 41.0
- Charles Leclerc 51.0
- Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo, Pierre Gasly 101
- George Russell 301
- Mick Schumacher 401
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin, Sebastian Vettel, Yuki Tsunoda 601
The odds for pole position
After Charles Leclerc took two shock pole positions for Ferrari, one in Monaco and one at Baku, Verstappen sealed pole in the Styrian Grand Prix.
That was Red Bull's first pole at their home circuit, and Verstappen's third of the year – more than he's taken in any other season.
F1 POWER RANKINGS: Who’s top of the leaderboard after the Styrian Grand Prix?
As for Hamilton, he last took pole position in Spain and qualified third last weekend. It was only because of Bottas's three-place grid penalty that Hamilton started on the front row for the Styrian GP.
The odds, therefore, have Verstappen as runaway favourite for pole this weekend:
- Max Verstappen 1.50
- Lewis Hamilton 3.50
- Valtteri Bottas 12.0
- Sergio Perez 17.0
- Lando Norris, Charles Leclerc 51.0
- Carlos Sainz 67.0
- Daniel Ricciardo, George Russell, Pierre Gasly 101
- Mick Schumacher, Yuki Tsunoda 251
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin, Sebastian Vettel 601
The odds for a podium finish
Bottas, Hamilton and Verstappen make up the most common podium combination in Formula 1 history and that's exactly the rostrum we saw for the Styrian GP.
But what about the outsiders, such as Leclerc, Lando Norris, Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo, or Pierre Gasly?
READ MORE: Hamilton ‘doesn’t accept’ title bid is falling away – but insists Mercedes must keep developing the W12
With changeable weather and different tyre compounds leading to a likely two-stop strategy, there's always the chance of a mixed up podium.
- Max Verstappen, Lewis Hamilton 1.25
- Valtteri Bottas, Sergio Perez 1.90
- Lando Norris 4.50
- Charles Leclerc 5.50
- Carlos Sainz 8.00
- Daniel Ricciardo, Pierre Gasly 9.00
- George Russell, Lance Stroll 29.0
- Yuki Tsunoda 34.0
- Fernando Alonso 41.0
- Esteban Ocon, Mick Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel 51.0
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Kimi Raikkonen, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin 251
The odds for fastest lap
The last four Fastest Lap awards – and bonus points – have been shared by Verstappen and Hamilton, with Verstappen having taken the spoils in Azerbaijan and France; Hamilton having taken it last time out and in Monaco.
Will another driver nail a lap of the Red Bull Ring on Sunday, with Bottas and Perez waiting in the wings? Or will adverse weather strike and give another driver a chance to take that bonus point?
Hamilton and Verstappen are the frontrunners, but Verstappen edges ahead as per the odds.
- Max Verstappen 2.50
- Lewis Hamilton 2.75
- Valtteri Bottas 5.50
- Sergio Perez 6.00
- Lando Norris 23.0
- Charles Leclerc 26.0
- Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo, Pierre Gasly 51.0
- George Russell, Yuki Tsunoda 151
- Antonio Giovinazzi, Esteban Ocon, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Mick Schumacher, Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin, Sebastian Vettel 251
What are the odds for which team will take the most points?
As Verstappen took victory in the Styrian GP and Perez finished fourth, Red Bull took 37 points from the race – while Mercedes took 34 with Hamilton second and Bottas third.
Just three points were in it, but Red Bull are favourites by quite a margin to take the most points this weekend.
- Red Bull 1.45
- Mercedes 2.65
- McLaren 29.0
- Ferrari 34.0
- AlphaTauri 81.0
- Alpine, Haas, Aston Martin, Williams, Alfa Romeo 251
READ MORE: Stick or twist? David Tremayne on Mercedes' big decision – and where Bottas could go if he does leave
The odds for a Safety Car appearing during the race
Even though there wasn't a Safety Car last weekend, the odds point to one being deployed for the Austrian GP.
- Yes 1.66
- No 2.10
Odds supplied by 188BET are in USD$ and timestamped June 30 2021, 1253PM GMT+1, in the UK.